Sunday, August 3, 2008

It all started with a trip to the dentist and a funny smelling stew...

They say I started early. As early as five years old...
You see my mother had gone to the dentist, as mothers have a tendency of doing, and left me home with my grandmother who was cooking a rather odd smelling stew...as grandmothers have a tendency of doing.
So I wander away from the stuffy, smelly kitchen and go  my parent's bedroom. It was as if a higher power was leading me...pulling me towards the closet which I opened with clumsy little hands and there...waiting for me...was the most amazing pair of red Christian Louboutin high heels you will ever see. I looked at them and I knew I was destined to wear them.
I stepped into them and of course I could barely walk in the size 7 heels with my little feet but even then I could appreciate the sudden surge of confidence that came with wearing the heels.
It's a matter of taste.
Of course then I had to walk to the kitchen to show off and slip on the tiles and cry bloody murder. Completely worth it I assure you.
But my mother and my grandmother didn't think it was and kept us from each other from then on...not knowing that Christian and I were meant to be...just meant to be...
My obsession with shoes was born.
Ten years later...I live in France in a dormitory under the supervision of a woman whom I'm convinced might be the devil himself(herself?) and more than a dozen other girls who are quite delightful characters. Even if they are too much to handle at times.
As for me? I've observed with amusement and have found that an american most develop certain skills in order to survive in this strange wilderness. 
Wilderness being not only a boarding house but France in general.
Stay tuned...
Yours truly,
Shoe Maiden

Do you want to know?

Paris, France
Between trying not to spend all of my father's money on shoes and trying to survive in a locked down chamber of torture(otherwise known as a dorm)...I find myself in need of sharing some of my new found knowledge.